- CSA & Garden
- The Fire Within Yoga Classes and Retreats
- Lab Puppies
- Our Family
- Egg Information
- How to Cook Vegetables
- Farm Updates
- Dutch Painting
- Contact Us - Our Address
Stuffed Summer Squash
From: myrecipes.com - Sept. 2008
- Fill a bowl with ice water. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise; place in boiling water. Bring back to a boil; cook until slightly softened, 5 min. Transfer squash to ice water. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove; pat dry.
- Scrape out seeds and stringy pulp from each squash half, leaving a large cavity for stuffing. Arrange snugly in a large, lightly oiled ovenproof baking dish.
- Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 min. Add turkey and cook, stirring to break up until crumbly, 2-3 min. Stir in tomatoes, broth and thyme. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring often, until turkey is thoroughly cooked and some of the liquid has evaporated, 5-7 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F. Place equal amounts of filling in each squash half, piling it high in center. Mix bread crumbs with Parmesan, then sprinkle mixture over squash and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 min.