Rosemary and Garlic Roast Leg of Lamb
Recipe Courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2004
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Using your hands, rub the lamb all over with lemon juice. Pat the garlic and rosemary evenly all over the surface of the meat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and place the lamb in a roasting pan.
- Place the lamb in the oven and roast for 30 min. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 deg. F and continue to cook for another hour for medium-rare, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145-150 deg. F, (be careful that the thermometer does not touch the bone.)
- Remove lamb from pan and allow to rest fir 10-15 min. before carving.
- Position the roasting pan over your stove burners. Add mixed herbs and onions to pan and stir to combine with pan drippings.
- Add chicken stock and wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon to release and fond.
- Reduce over high heat until sauce consistency. Strain before serving, if desired.
- Slice lamb and serve with sauce drizzled over the top.