Potato, Squash & Goat Cheese Gratin
- Preheat oven to 400 Deg. F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Use a chef's knife to slice the squash and potatoes into very, very thin slices. Toss the sliced vegetables withe the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place 1/3 of the squash and potato slices in the bottom of the dish, then season with salt and pepper. Top with half of the goat cheese, scatter evenly. Repeat with another 1/3 of the vegetables, seasoning again with salt and pepper, and topping with the remainder of the goat cheese. Finish by layering on the remaining vegetables and seasoning withe salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk over the entire dish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the top browns.
- Top with basil or thyme, then serve.