Our words represent our thoughts and ideas. Grammar matters because the written word has so much power when interacting with others when we can't be face to face! Grammar helps students acquire the building blocks to understand and express themselves in more complex ways, helping them wrap their heads around more complicated ideas. Increasing their ability to connect those ideas to previous knowledge, building a strong foundation.
Why is it important??
Think of grammar as the set of tools which help you communicate as clearly and effectively as possible. Grammar is there to enhance your communication, not inhibit it. The benefits of good grammar to share with your students.
- Communicates ideas clearly
- Helps avoid misunderstandings
- Increases reading comprehension
- Essential for writing and editing
- Helps you understand the world around you
- Creates a good impression
- Makes your words matter
- Increases accessibility to more complicated ideas
- Helps with thinking skills