Chocolate Zucchini Cake (Gluten Free)
From: Just A Pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg. F. Grease a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- In a mixer, combine eggs and oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture to the eggs and oil a little at a time until well combined. Then add the grated zucchini and mix just until well distributed.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake completely before frosting.
- How to make the frosting: In a sauce pan, mix sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk, butter, corn syrup and salt. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Boil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool for 45 minutes. Beat in vanilla and enough powdered sugar for spreading consistency.
- Spread on cake.