Butternut Squash Soup
- Halve squash; remove seeds. Cut each piece in half and place in saucepan with broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and steam for 25 - 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove squash from liquid (save liquid), peel and place in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, adding liquid as necessary.
- Stir blended squash with remaining liquid in saucepan.
- Stir in ginger, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir in half-and-half, heat through.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives (optional).