Butternut Squash Casserole
- Preheat oven to 425 deg. F.
- Put squash in microwave, cook on high, until soft, 2 - 3 minutes. Cut in half, scoop out seeds and cube. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add squash and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and mash.
- In a 9in X 13in casserole dish, combine 3 cups mashed squash, white sugar, milk, vanilla extract, salt, flour, eggs and 1/4 cup melted margarine.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set
- In medium bowl combine crushed vanilla wafers, 1/2 cup melted margarine and brown sugar.
- Crumble over top of cooked casserole and return to oven to brown.