- Handwriting like everything else should be assessed continually. It is important to observe how the students execute, how legible their writing is, and the speed in which they write.
- Execution includes how the students holds their writing utensil, their posture, and how they form their letters.
- Legible writing is the ability to read the letters or words that are written, as well as the spacing in and between words.
- The speed of children will be slow as they think about the letters, they are writing but should speed up as they become proficient in their writing.
- The importance of teaching handwriting. Reading Rockets. (2013, November 7). Retrieved July 31, 2022, from https://www.readingrockets.org/article/importance-teaching-handwriting