From: TRY-FOODS INTERNATIONAL
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over raisins in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, cook and stir breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup of the melted butter over medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside half of the breadcrumbs.
- Mix apples, raisins, lemon peel, sugar, cinnamon and almonds; set aside.
- Working quickly, place 1 phyllo sheet on kitchen towel; brush lightly with butter. Place second sheet on top and brush with butter again. Repeat until 5 sheets are buttered and stacked.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the browned crumbs on layered phyllo. Mound half the apple filling evenly down center third of phyllo, leaving a 2in border at each end. Lift towel using it to roll phyllo over apples. Fold ends over. Use towel to fold remaining one-third of phyllo over roll to enclose. Slide roll seam side down onto baking sheet. Brush top with butter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the crumbs.
- Repeat entire procedure for second strudel with reserved filling and breadcrumbs. Place strudels in oven and bake 40-50 min. until golden brown. Cool slightly and serve warm.